Love is cynical.... isn't it?


Dear reader, Hi, what time is it where you’re at? its currently 1:34 in the pm where I am? The thought has been cruising through my mind for days now and I've pondered its authenticity for quite a long time. LOVE IS CYNICAL...ISN'T IT?


lets, see......



I’ve been wondering if any human being has ever truly unraveled the secrets of love and understood it in all its intricacies, you know, when I was sixteen, I thought love was secret love letter and little packets of gift, soft kisses above the brow and late night walks, but at twenty three, I’ve gradually considered the concept of tough love. The kind which you give even when the soft kisses no longer exist, the kind you have when hearts have been broken and days seem longer because the nights won’t pass quickly.

We talk about self-love but really, isn’t it more of ‘fear-to-leap love’, and then there’s single and grateful but it’d be more suitable to say ‘single and lonely’. Don’t get me wrong, I know there are quite a select few out there who have truly mastered being alone but not lonely, but the truth I can bet my life on is that in that secret place where no one else sees, they think about it, about how it would feel to have someone. 

Growing up I had this favorite Bible verse about love, 1st Corinthians 13 : 3- 8, it says,

 

“ I may give away everything that I have, and I may even give my body as an offering to be burned but I gain nothing if I do not have love. Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, and it is not proud. Love is not rude, is not selfish and does not get upset with others. Love does not count up wrongs that have been done. Love takes no pleasure in evil but rejoices over the truth. Love patiently accepts all things, it always trusts, always hopes and always endures. Love never ends. There are gifts of prophecy, but they will be ended. There are gifts of speaking in different languages, but those will stop. There is the gift of knowledge, but it will come to an end but love never ends. 1st COR 13:3-8 (NCV)”

I find that this is hard to achieve, turns out its easy to be wrong than to be right when we go by all of it, really difficult to be right when it comes to love. So it made me think that we all must have really differing ideas of what love is, I used to have the Rapunzel ideal of love in my head, the prince charming kind, until love for me became synonymous to sacrificing self for another.

what is your idea of love? I’d really love to know.

share your thoughts to me via email @ garbajahlrio@gmail.com or on telegram 09163359473

P.s

I love you.xo


Comments

MORE READS;